Best Alternatives For WordPress To Look For In 2021
WordPress is extremely popular and web developers adore it. And why not? It possesses a great variety of extensions and themes, is user-friendly, and is flexible. No wonder it boasts a presence on 38% of the total websites worldwide.
But with the rise in digitization, it is not the only platform available. There are alternatives for WordPress that one can utilise to build a superb website. However, one needs to look into various aspects while selecting a website builder.
In this blog post, we have listed some of the most relevant WordPress alternatives available in the market.
Why do people look for alternatives for WordPress?
WordPress is the most preferred option for a multitude of reasons; it’s free, it’s customizable, and it offers blogging software, multilingual support, design templates, cutting-edge features, and many more!
Since its inception, WordPress has come a long way and has enabled users to craft a website without writing any codes.
However, while WordPress is extremely popular, it is not a good match for everyone.
Why? Because many business owners don’t want any aggravation of managing their websites backups, updates, and security, which is often the case while working on WordPress.
Best WordPress alternatives
Check out this list of powerful website builders we found to be extremely productive for developers.
- Web.com: It is a cost-effective website builder and a very relevant option among small scale enterprises. It offers a free domain, business email address, SEO programs, site analytics, and so on.
Web.com offers dozens of free website templates to choose from. You can even develop an entirely custom website with simple clicks. It also comes up with a drag and drop option that makes it easy to use even for non-professionals. This software makes it extremely easy to customize a website design.
At last, it provides you with unlimited chat and phone support, which in turn, allows you to talk to its web professionals. This can come to be immensely helpful, especially if you are new to building a website.
- HubSpot Website Builder: This is an influential website builder and allows you to create a website quickly. It combines the command of its drag and drop option, CRM, and marketing automation tools to deliver a personalized online experience to the audience.
One can even utilize its optimized website templates to swiftly create a website that can provide the best outcomes. The most amazing feature of HubSpot Website Builder is that it enables you to perform adaptive testing, which allows you to select up to five variations of a webpage.
It also offers various powerful software such as blogging tools, SEO tools, email marketing features, multi-language support and so on.
- Wix: This option is a leading alternative platform to WordPress. Both free and paid options offer pre-designed templates that can be amended using a drag and drop option.
Wix also provides e-commerce support under its paid plans which let online users accept/make payments.
Video backgrounds and animations can be quite easy to deliver upon. Wix also gets SEO right as well. Portfolio pages turn out to be quite good, and they can be created without any difficulty. It also has business-centred apps that can make it easy for you to sustain.
At last, it also provides a trouble-free coding service to reap advanced operability.
- Domain.com Website Builder: Domain.com is constantly ranked as the topmost domain registrar in the world. This platform provides a user-friendly drag and drop tool for small enterprises. One can utilise it for developing a website, blog posts, or an e-commerce website with a simple point and click.
This platform also offers dozens of strikingly designed templates that you can begin with. You can effectively customise them as per your needs using the same drag and drop option.
It offers critical website features like website analytics, the ability to include a blog, e-commerce functionality, and a cost-free SSL certificate with all the plans.
- Jimdo: If you are seeking an assisted website builder, then Jimdo is a good option. There’s a free plan available which you can try out. There is paid plan which not only includes a web editor, but also content, images, and a basic online store.
While Jimdo is not a feature-packed platform, it is still a powerful tool. And what it does, it does well. It can integrate into the websites successfully.
The strength points of Jimdo are:
- Swift learning curve
- Basic blogging
- Instant website optimisation for mobile
- Chat support in 9 languages
- Perhaps the best tool for simple store
- Site123: This software has some interesting features, most of them being free of cost. You get to create a one-page website or the standard multi-page website. It’s a great and simple website builder for someone creating a website for the first time.
Site123 ‘s premium plan incorporates an ad-free website with your own domain name.
However, if you wish to get rid of all the Site123 ads, then you need to purchase an advanced plan. Here you can also build multilingual websites, embed e-commerce store and out email mailings.
- BigCommerce: This platform is meant to build medium to big online stores. When you want to develop a multi-currency e-commerce project or if you wish to get all necessary SEO features, then this is the platform to go for.
BigCommerce won’t even charge you for every sale you make. But they do possess a yearly threshold that will influence you to upgrade your plan if needed.
However, easily developing multilingual online stores isn’t conceivable, not even with external applications.
- Weebly: It is a very instinctive website builder which let you craft your own website using pre-designed templates and drag and drop option.
The free plan places a small and grey banner in your website footer. Single domains can be utilised from the Personal plan upward.
The most flexible feature is the blog one. You can craft various sorts of layouts and utilise all the present elements (galleries, video integration, contact forms, etc.). It also has different blogging features (which includes categories, tags, comments), which makes it excellent for publishing posts.
This wraps up our list of top 8 alternatives for WordPress for a multitude of uses. While WordPress is an excellent website developer, the alternatives mentioned in this blog post can also serve you with the best results.
Whatever may be the case. Once you have selected either a free opensource alternative or WordPress, you can begin concentrating on creating good quality content and reap various SEO benefits.
To know more about Website Building and under stand all the aspects of Digital Marketing Click Here