Have you ever considered TIME as a major factor behind social media engagement? Do you check your clock before sharing posts on your page?
The preferable time to share your posts on social media is when your followers and customers are active online. However, there are some durations when social media posting will be highly beneficial for your business and in this blog, we will dive deep into this part.
Different social media platforms have their individual time slots that work best for the followers. For instance, the perfect time for Facebook posting varies from that of Twitter or Instagram. Moreover, multiple time slots for separate social media channels makes it a bit confusing and complicated. That’s why in this blog, we will break down the individual times for effective social media posting and also suggest some tools for better social media management.
Let’s start with Instagram first and then we will gradually move on to other social media platforms.
1. Best time for Instagram posting
The preferable time to post on Instagram is between 11 am to 1 pm and from 7 pm to 9 pm. This is because most of the Instagram users have a tendency to log in through mobile. Hence the Instagrammers usually avoid browsing it during the peak work hours.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday are considered best for Instagram posting. But Sunday is worst for sharing posts on Instagram. However, if you need to post on that day make it in the evening between 5 to 5:30 pm.
- Statistics show Wednesday as the best day when the level of engagement is the highest on Instagram.
2. Best time for Facebook posting
For Facebook, the best time slot is between 1 pm to 4 pm in a week, during work hours. That’s because most of the Facebook users tend to browse it on their desktops and scroll the Home page during break times at work.
When it comes to Facebook, the best days for posting are Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. However, Tuesday is regarded as the worst day for posting.
Statistics show that the level of engagement on Facebook reaches its peak on weekends.
3. Best time for Twitter posts
The perfect time to tweet is from 12 noon to 1 pm i.e. during lunch hours. However, if you like to pre-schedule your post before the lunchtime, you can do that as well.
- For Twitter, weekdays are considered the best for getting the maximum level of engagement. Try posting your content between Monday to Friday and help enhance your engagement on Twitter.
- According to stats, it is found that Wednesday is the best day for tweeting. But weekends are considered worst for sharing your tweets.
4. Best time for posting on LinkedIn
The perfect time to post on LinkedIn is during the peak work hours i.e. between 10 am to 11 am. This is because LinkedIn is solely a professional social network majorly accessed by business people, recruiters, and salespeople.
- The best days for LinkedIn posting are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Post office hours and weekends are regarded as the worst times for sharing posts on this particular platform in terms of visibility and engagement.
5. Best time for Pinterest posts
Between 8 pm to 11 pm is considered the best for Pinterest posting.
- When it comes to engagement on Pinterest, Saturdays and Sundays work the best.
- Posting during the work hours will result in the least engagement on Pinterest. So, better avoid posting during those times.
6. Best time for publishing videos on YouTube
The best time for sharing YouTube videos is between 12 pm to 4 pm i.e. during the early afternoon. Since YouTube viewers are greatly active in the evening leading to videos getting indexed by then.
- To be specific, Thursdays and Fridays are considered the best for getting maximum engagement on YouTube.
- Most of the YouTube views take place on the weekends, so just enjoy sharing your stuff on Saturdays and Sundays between 9 am to 11 am.
So, what is the perfect time for an effective social media posting?
The most suitable time for social media posting depends upon the individual social media platform you are using and the times during which most of your customers are active.
Although the above mentioned time slots are averages but might find your customers getting engaged with your brand in different time zones. The best way to find this out is to experiment the times over a span of a month by using social media management tools.
Social Media Management Tools
You can schedule posts anytime using social media marketing automation tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer, and Later. With these tools, you can maintain the consistency of your posting schedule and reach out to your followers even when you aren’t active in your social media profile. These tools can also be utilized for testing different time schedules to check which particular time slots will get the best level of engagement. Besides, these tools can be used for scheduling a single post several times to reach every time zone or bring the traffic back to your site.
Observing your engagement rate and evaluating your social data on a regular basis can help you check the perfect times to share posts on Facebook, Instagram or any other social media networks on which your brand has its presence. While starting out working on these social media channels, you can follow our guidelines. However, never stop experimenting and testing the times.