DataLife Engine (DLE) refers to a multi-user CMS platform utilized for blogs and news websites. Launched in 2004 by SoftNews Media Group, its primary focus lies on blog creation, social media like and website development. However, website management is undeniably within its power.
The DLE can be integrated into virtually any existing design and has no limitations on the template’s customization itself. The main language of the system is Russian. Nevertheless, there is an English and Ukrainian localization too.
Another key feature is the DataLife Engine – a low load on system resources. Despite the very large content and visitors’ websites, one would not experience any issues with mapping.
DLE uses AJAX advanced technology which can let you not only save server traffic resources and traffic of visitors but also lower the load on the server.
Features of DLE
Here are the numerous features of the DataLife Engine mentioned below.
- Generate website statistics
- Automatic filter words in comments
- Utilizes MySQL to store data
- The lowest load on the database
- The output of articles, news etc.
- Support for several languages
- RSS News Import
- RSS News Feed
- Support tag cloud
- Spontaneous support for smartphones
- Option to turn off your website while performing maintenance
- Support infinite categories
- Top and relevant news
- The ability to develop pages directly from the Administration
- Capability to include articles in the “favourite and personal bookmarks”
- Built-in security from unauthorized files download
- Review of newly news since last visited
- Output relevant articles in a separate block
- Every category can be assigned to a distinct template
- Users manager
- Add, edit and delete news
- Supports use smileys and HTML code
- Ability to adjust/set the time
- Ability to change the date of publication
- Turn off the visitors’ registration
- Add watermark overlay on images
- Search users by IP address
- Anti-virus checks the file status for possible unauthorized uploaded files
- Develop a sitemap for Google
- Quick database “Find” or “Replace”
- Ads and Banners Manager
Requirements of a DataLife Engine System
DataLife Engine Installation on the server is fully automated and should not result in any problems. However, you need to take some steps to set permissions on files and folders.
The DataLife Engine System (Minimum) requirements: These are the minimum requirements for the script to be installed and all functions to work properly
DataLife Engine Recommended System Settings: It refers to the website to run with the best performance without interruption and best security for your website.
It is highly recommended that one should meet both “requirements” and “recommend” to get the finest performance possible.
In addition, the following data information is needed:
- Database username (database login user)
- Database server: ordinarily “localhost” unless your host has a particular and different database name
- Database password (database login password)
- Database name (name of the database you are going to install script to)
How to install the DataLife Engine?
Before you proceed with installing the DataLife Engine, ensure that your servers possess the right system requirements to make your site perform effectively.
- First, upload all files from the archive to your server at the root directory. (One can do this using any FTP Client Software like FileZilla, etc.)
- Choose the files and folders CHMOD
- Run the script installation process.
- Follow the instructions on the installation pages until the installation process is finished.
- Remove the “install.php” to prevent the repeat or overwrite the script installation
- Set file CHMOD for the following htaccess to 444.
DataLife Engine Upgradation
Upgraded files will overwrite your present script and code. Therefore, you need to make sure your pre-installed module is attuned to the new version of DataLife.
- Develop a database backup and all files in the DataLife Engine Script on the server.
- Reset file CHMOD for htaccess to ensure all files are uploaded and overwritten.
- Upload all files in the folder/upload/from the archive file you have purchased.
- Set file CHMOD for htaccess to 444.
- Login to the admin control panel, in the control panel main page, click on “Clear SmartCache”, and clean the browser cache.
- Upgrade your current template files for new version compatibility.
- Check the settings of the script and adjust the necessary settings in the administration control panel.
DataLife Engine vs WordPress
There are various other alternatives to DLE for those who wish to try new software features or any other different solutions. One such solution is WordPress.
- DLE is a commercial script. One needs to pay for one domain $59 with the purchase of a one-year license renewal. For the next year, it’s $39 and $19 for supplementary technical support. After the purchase, you receive the open-source script that might be altered and customized as per your needs.
Furthermore, DLE can be utilized for comprehensive web projects and can generate high-quality traffic. The main feature of this CMS is the less load on system resources. Moreover, the key benefit of DLE is AJAX technology. This lets you save the server resources and the loading time of your website.
- WordPress is web software you can utilize to develop an appealing and effective website.
In this software, one gets to leverage out-of-the-box functionality and infinite customization options. Pursuing the ideas of user-friendly options in a cost-free WordPress is the choice of everyone, whether you are a web management expert or simply a fresher.
It also provides you with limitless additional plugins and several theme opportunities. You may pick free or paid solutions as per your requirements. Using them. you can develop simple blogs, complex websites, forums and other web pages.
Furthermore, it offers a secure platform for its audience but does not take the danger posed by hackers into consideration. As it is the most popular platform, it suffers from a multitude of cyber-attacks.
At last, you need to select for yourself whether to build a vault to the new page of your website management life.
Every web project holder struggles to make his/her website productive. This requires the ability to select the best CMS platform and create the ultimate website.
With DataLife Engine, one gets to utilize a multi-user platform and avail a lot of features. While it is meant primarily for blogs and news content, it also offers a lot of settings that let you use it for multiple purposes.