Writing and publishing ultimate SEO-friendly blog posts requires both patience and optimal skills. You need to select the best topics and follow SEO practices so that your audience can stay engaged.
The process demands strong commitment and long hours. That’s why, if your blog doesn’t earn quality traffic, then it could be a major disappointment.
An SEO optimized blog with great content has better chances of ranking higher than its competitor. To improve your website’s rankings, you need to enhance your writing practices.
Why Writing SEO-Friendly Blog Posts is Important for Your Website’s Success?
Blog posts need to be SEO optimized as it lays a significant impact on placing your website on SERPs.
- Low bounce rate: If your blog content is readable and easy to understand, then visitors will spend more time on your website. SEO friendly blogs target specific keywords and provide content that most of your visitors would cherish.
Your website will become more trustable as you add value to your reader’s experience. This, in turn, would reduce the bounce rate and enhance your website’s rankings.
- Direct quality traffic: Your blog rankings on search engines depend on how well its content is SEO friendly. By implementing SEO friendly tactics, more visitors would want to read your blog posts, causing a hike website’s traffic.
Visitors would not only read your blog posts but also interact with your brand. This leads to boost brand awareness, which impacts your visitors to make a comeback later.
- Higher conversion rate: The content of your blog posts can help your brand stand out from the crowd. Creating SEO friendly blog posts will allow you to offer valuable content to your visitors quickly, which in turn, would influence them for a call to action.
This would surely generate a surge in your conversion rate.
- Enrich social media presence: A well-written and engaging blog is shared often with family, friends, relevant pages and groups on social media channels. This can boost your brand’s presence on social media.
How to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts for Your Website?
This section provides powerful tips to create enjoyable blog posts that are SEO friendly.
These two aspects must go hand in hand as readable and engaging blogs invite more readers and sway them to stick to your website.
- Think before you begin writing: Before you start working on your blog post, reflect on the main idea of it. Think about the info you want to impart to your audience, the purpose of your blog, the search intent of your target audience, etc.
It is advisable to scan a few relevant articles related to your topic. Once you have pondered over the points mentioned here, it is time to move forward.
- Develop blog’s structure: Create a clear and crisp structure for your blog. Divide your blog post into various sections so that it is easier to write. Each blog must contain:
- An introduction (About the main topic)
- A body (Main message)
- A conclusion (Final words of the main topic)
This will assist you to put your thoughts easily and create a readable blog post. It’s effective to write short content to focus on a definite part of a blog post, instead of writing big sections.
- Include correct headings: Use headings as they help to structure your blog post. But use them correctly. Not only will this serve your SEO goals, but will also enhance readability.
Make sure there is only one h1 heading (i.e., the title of the post). This heading should also include your primary keyword.
Another thing is to utilize headings in a hierarchical mode. While the title of the post is your h1 tag, the main sections should include h2 and the sub-sections h3.
- Use short paragraphs: As a vast proportion of online readers are on mobile, publishing your blog posts in large paragraphs can hamper their user experience.
Utilize short paragraphs and leverage different formatting options like underline, italic, bold, etc. to make your content more appealing.
- Incorporate links at suitable places: If you are creating a blog post similar to the topic of the existing content, incorporate internal links in your blog post. But only when it makes sense.
With internal links, search engines can notice new pages on your site. Your audience also gets the option to click on the link and have a “walkthrough” of your site.
- Use quality keywords: While targeting quality keywords is not only recommended but also important, one must avoid keyword stuffing. Do not just incorporate keywords for the sake of it. Add them only if the content is readable. It is advisable to include your keywords in the:
- Title of the post
- Main headings
- Different paragraphs
Google identifies synonyms and other relevant keywords that are in sync with your key phrase. Hence, ensure you embed them in your content.
How to Make your Blog Content Optimized for Google?
Let’s understand how you can optimize your blog for Google and get it a competitive advantage over its rivals.
- Determine your target audience: SEO friendly content will have a productive impact if you speak directly to the primary audience that will be reading your content.
Target your audience and understand what you want them to do when they click on your blog title can assist in your blog strategy.
- Incorporate alluring visuals: Google values visuals. Especially those that are eye-catching. Hence, designing creative graphics and embedding descriptive alt texts to every visual on your blog posts can help you achieve a sought-after space in an image snippet.
- Include link reclamation: References of your blog posts on other websites can significantly boost your rankings on Google. Thus, engage in guest posting and add your link which directs back to your website.
However, sometimes many websites mention your website without linking back to yours. In such a scenario, reach out to the concerned website and request them to embed a link to your website.
- Add a tempting CTA: Including a CTA (call to action) can lead your readers to the next stage in your site through your blog post.
An effective CTA is one that is in sync with your blog post and flows seamlessly with its content.
Whether you wish to influence your readers to make a purchase, want them to visit more of your content, offer email or newsletter subscriptions, etc. you’ll definitely need an appealing CTA in every blog you write and publish.
The first few months of implementing SEO friendly practices may not be that good. But, don’t lose hope. Keep creating engaging and SEO friendly content and your website will eventually get higher rankings.
That’s it! Follow the above-mentioned tips and tricks to better understand how to write SEO friendly blog posts and reap the benefits they have to offer.
If you wish to Learn Voice SEO Strategy & Digital Marketing and understand all its aspects in great details then click here