Do you want to generate more genuine leads to your site? Pay-per-click (PPC) is a great method to try for. A well-optimized PPC campaign is a great process to meet revenue and conversion goals. You can place your pages or products on the first page of any search engine. While you can set the target audience and description for your business, there are some basic strategies that can help you Optimize Google AdWords Campaigns, regardless of categories.
Optimize Google AdWords Campaigns
Today, we are going to discuss the eight most important, but often ignored, strategies when creating PPC campaigns. Some of these are even better than others, and if you apply these strategies to your Google AdWords Campaigns you can witness a big enhancement that can help you generate more revenue!
1) Make Your Landing Page Relevant
The final goal of a PPC campaign is to convert your visitors into customers, not just clicks. A well-set campaign generates quality leads and redirects them to a landing page where they mostly turned into paying customers. Description alignment of the landing page and PPC ads is the best way of landing page optimization.
Keeping a tab between your keywords, landing pages, ad copy should enhance your conversion and click-through rates while reducing your CPC. This means you can generate revenue while balancing your budget.
Repetition of your landing page message can make you boost conversions by showing the same text and CTA on your landing page.
By abiding by this basic rule, your ad will get optimized in a better way and help your audience put value and generate higher conversions.
2) Optimize Negative Keywords
Negative keyword optimization is another great tool for a PPC campaign. It actually helps in avoiding irrelevant keywords that not only help you in targeting your niche customers but also save you a lot of money.
Its importance is to instruct Google to optimize your PPC add eliminating some particular keywords. They can be set at the campaign level, but that can be adjusted by adding particular keywords to specific ad groups when required.
3) Use the Right Keyword Match Types
PPC ad is a direct SEM channel, and it depends on keywords. After typing a search term into Google, AdWords places ads depending on the relevance of the bidding structure and the keyword.
Apart from the keywords, modifiers also play an important role in a successful PPC campaign. And they are four types:
2) Broad Match Modified
3) Phrase Match
4) Exact Match
Each modifier is an alignment between impressions and relevancy. If you need the best impressions? You must go for Broad Match (but don’t do that) for your PPC ad campaign. But Exact Match will have the least impressions and will have higher relevancy and click-through rate.
4) Alter Keyword Match Type Over Time
Whenever we set a PPC campaign, we generally use several ad groups with steady themes of similar keywords. Although we research to discern our competition before running an ad, we observe that the first 30 days is a good period to understand directly what the audience is looking for since it matches the products and services of our clients.
5) Fill out All Available Ad Content
Since their inception in July 2016, Expanded Text Ads (ETAs) have left a mark on the world of AdWords. And by providing extra space for pertinent content, ETAs offer PPC executives a great platform to portray the marketing power of a product or service.
If you want your ads to perform better, keep the following points in place.
- Final URL: your landing page should be unique and user-friendly.
- Headline 1: Inclusion of a brand or product name is highly suggestible.
- Headline 2: Attach a supporting tag and define your product or services.
- Path 1: place your location in either city or state depending on its requirement.
- Path 2: Try to put significant information in this section.
- Description: This is the section where you should clarify your products or services in short but in detail. Furthermore, it is advisable to put a strong CTA at the bottom of your description for framing and engagement purposes.
6) Use Every Relevant Ad Extension
Most of the PPC experts consider that its value is limited to the headline, Paths, and description of the final AdWords set. Nevertheless, the site links are very significant given the fact that it completely boosts and optimizes the user experience to a better level.
These extensions’ proper implementation can bring further and qualified engagement from the visitor’s end.
Among plenty of AdWords extensions, we are explaining the most important ones in the following list.
- Sitelinks Extensions: These extensions give advertisers an opportunity to display extra important links to their website within a single PPC ad.
- Callout Extensions: It tells the user about your special services or offers like 24/7 delivery or limited period offers etc.
- Structured Snippets: It specifies your categories of services and products such as courses, styles, etc.
- Review Extensions: Through this extension, you can portray your achievement and how your products or services have been received among the masses in general.
For example like ranking, user feedback, ratings from famous rating agencies, media testimonials, etc.
7) Set Bids for Geo-targeting
Irrespective of your market or industry, benefits are in higher proportion when you spend your ad budget focusing on specific geo-locations. However, industries like hotels, apartments, and lawyers often choose their target customers depending on their physical closeness.
If your products and services are not based on your audiences’ physical location, that can still be optimized your Google AdWords Campaigns with retargeted bids based on weather, seasonality, and user needs.
Most of the beginners neglect the customers and other qualifiers based on the physical existence of their audience. A lot of money can be saved by stopping ads from showing in those areas while accelerating the chances of a conversion and inflated bid adjustment in other geographical locations.
8) Break out Mobile-Optimized Campaigns
Nowadays most of your customers operate smart mobile devices and eventually that will grow at a rapid pace, indicating that the owner must optimize the ad on mobile devices. Separation of campaigns is another way to generate more qualified clicks.
CPC for mobile ads can be lowered up to 25 percent in comparison to desktop-only campaigns. You can also utilize the advanced features in mobile-only campaigns by concentrating on click-to-call extensions.
Google AdWords Is an Investment
A decently managed PPC campaign can help company owners generate a lot of money. As Google charges you per click, you must take care of all the sections and steps to optimize the total experience in order to drive more conversions.
Implement the above strategies for your PPC ads and your business will witness higher revenue with increased traffic and greater conversions.