Instagram stories are one such content that most of us use and view daily.
So when it is known that Instagram stories are hugely popular, the competition to get more views and the race to stand apart from the noise is also tough.
Businesses are persistently competing for the audience’s attention. And Instagram Stories is surely one of the finest means to get more eyes on your content.
As the majority of businesses have established themselves on Instagram, it’s essential to keep your audience engaged.
In this blog post, you’ll discover the meaning of Instagram stories, the importance of Instagram stories, plus a variety of ways on how to get more views on your Instagram stories.
Instagram Stories are vanishing content bits, having a life span of 24 hours.
If you wish to make your stories exist for more than 24 hours, incorporate them in the “Highlights” of your profile.
You can share several images and videos in a day, up to the maximum limit of 100.
Instagram Stories were exhibited after Snapchat soon became an acute rival of Instagram.
It was reported that by January 2019, 50 crore people used Instagram Stories daily.
Importance of Instagram Stories
As the number of users engaged in Stories keep on surging every day, your brand must embed them as a valuable component of your social media strategy.
So, while the importance of feed posts cannot be ignored, Stories are still important for your business. For instance, they assist in:
- Get immediate feedback: If you have come up with a brilliant idea for something that would need your audience’s opinion, then you don’t need to wait till the inauguration to get their reaction.
With Instagram Stories, you can offer them a snippet and get immediate feedback to authenticate your idea and provide clearness on your further steps.
- Enhance overall engagement: Every Instagram user has a distinct feed as each user is extremely personalized, and want to view his/her favourite creators first.
Lately, Instagram included the “most shown in feed” metric that approves these speculations.
The audience’s interactions are reflected as “signals.” And Instagram ranks content based on these signals.
The reach of your posts and reels increases if you keep an engaged set of users.
Moreover, publishing more and high-quality content results in an augmented median reach and impressions.
- Become more accessible and transparent: Businesses often struggle to reach their target audience.
However, if you do regular interactions, the audience feels more contented in reaching out to your brand with a question and not going towards your competitor.
The better you interact; the more human your brand becomes.
Hence, start using Stories to make your audience feel a part of your work process. Give them either hints or take them behind the scenes to boost transparency and trust.
- Keep users engaged: To understand your audience better, there’s no better way than to ask them directly. And Stories put you in touch with your audience without anything in between.
With engagement features such as polls, queries, and quizzes, you can ensure you are always aware of your audience’s feelings.
Ways to Receive More Views on Instagram Stories
In this section, let’s discuss how you can generate more views and, subsequently, earn more exposure for the Stories you develop.
- Include subtitles: Captions are a big part of making your platform accessible for as many users as possible.
Several users just swipe through Stories with their phone being on silent or zero volume. You can miss this segment of your audience without subtitles.
Stories with subtitles guarantee your content is more reachable to more people.
Instagram has made adding captions easy by including a “Captions” sticker, which, in turn, can help you boost your reach.
- Use #Hashtags: Incorporating hashtags on your Instagram posts is a given, but you can do the same to your story.
Based on your story, you could also add your definite website hashtag, or simply a tag linked with your story.
If there is a relevant hashtag that you utilise on your posts, try adding it to your story too.
- Build a limited offer: Your audience loves discounts and knows how to distinguish the noble ones from the not-so-great ones.
Whether it’s a sale, a huge discount, or a giveaway, you can advertise it via Instagram Stories for a limited time.
- Highlight your best stories: “Highlights” is one of the most brilliant add-ons launched to counterpart Instagram Stories.
This helps you to save any story that you wish to last longer so that your users can go view it whenever they want.
- Craft shareable graphics: You must influence your users to share your account or posts with the world.
One way to do this is by posting “shareable” Stories graphics.
These can include quote cards related to your niche, puzzle games or “fill in the blanks” pages for your users to print screen and type over.
Furthermore, make sure that the graphics are in sync with your brand and that you mention relevant details such as your username on them, just in the case someone shares it without tagging you.
- Tag your Location: Tagging your location makes it more likely for your post to be seen by users that don’t follow you. If someone searches a specific geotag, there’s a possibility that your story might appear.
However, there is no guarantee that your content will be viewed massively by users.
But, every new pair of eyes counts, and who knows, in future, they could be a future follower of your brand!
This aspect is primarily awesome for tagging locations that are relevant to your niche.
The people likely to be looking at those locations are probably interested in what you discuss.
Humans love a coherent narrative. Hence, just like any other excellent book or movie, try to develop your Instagram Stories in a way that conveys a story.
Instagram comprises several features it wants you to use while crafting your Stories.
Therefore, use every available format, like images, videos, text, GIFs, and boomerangs to accomplish a good mix of content.