SEO on Magento: Everything you Need to Know
For the e-commerce websites, organic traffic which flows from search engines like Google is akin to the traditional foot visitors from brick and mortar sellers.
Instead of just a marketing strategy, SEO on Magento is a necessity. While Magento is one of the most prevalent e-commerce channels on the internet, one may face some issues regarding SEO if not optimized properly.
Magento offers effective solutions for your e-Commerce business. But are you not sure where to begin? If you wish to learn more about Magento and the optimization of SEO, then you are at the right place.
What is the Magento website?
Magento refers to a platform with built-in PHP, which is meant to create e-commerce websites. There are multitudes of entrepreneurs utilizing this platform to launch their e-commerce platforms.
The capability of this open-source software to scale up is what makes it easier for small ventures to expand their foot in online marketing without changing their platforms.
It is built to be used by someone who is not a professional developer.
Considering Magento for building an appealing and professional e-commerce website is greatly beneficial. Here are a few basic features of Magento that one can leverage greatly.
- Client account: It provides detailed account status, favored catalogue, transaction history, etc.
- Better search technology: User friendly and swift search support on Google site map
- Product and category supervision: Various creatives, favorite lists, easy to search for product categories, etc.
- Effective inventory management: Administration of products kept in stock, or other places.
- Dedicated customer service: Email service, customer contact form, inclusive follow-up, etc.
- Report after proper analyze: Incorporate with Google Analytics and offer a multitude of reports
What makes Magento stand apart from other platforms are the benefits mentioned below:
- Highly customizable: Not only to customize, but Magento also provides its users with accessible and flexible e-commerce solutions. One can easily modify this platform to meet his/her own shop requirements and acclimate to consistent change.
- Choose your hosting service: With Magento, no need to stick to anyone hosting service anymore. E-commerce sellers can choose the most desirable hosting service easily.
This enables online e-commerce ventures to possess their own files and remain choosy with several hosting companies.
- Mobile responsive: Whether it is the enterprise version of Magento or the free community edition, both include HTML 5 channels to optimize the shopping experience.
With Magento, you can maintain the standards of mobile web design. It also helps to establish an optimal brand experience for an audience to connect 24/7.
SEO on Magento Guide: How to Optimize an e-commerce Site
Here are some best Magento SEO tips you can utilize to better understand how to Do SEO on Magento website?
- Optimize your URL: This is not only crucial for your Magento SEO purposes, but for staying organized at your online store. URLs that require optimization are blog URLs, content pages, product pages, category pages, etc.
Your Magento version will include store codes in your URL automatically. This is something you would cherish and wish for an e-commerce store to be configured in this way.
- Optimize your creative: Optimizing your creatives is important if you want them to show up first whenever your users search for the relevant images.
Follow these tips to optimize your creative effectively:
- File names should describe the image and product, and not some random text
- Utilize alt text using target keywords
- Plagiarized content and canonical tags: It is one aspect that affects various Magento e-commerce site subscribers. One can solve this issue using canonical tags.
Canonical tags help in telling the precise location of the original place. This allows you to set canonical of the duplicate pages to that original page’s URL.
However, we recommend avoiding the use of plagiarized content. Keep in mind the following causes of plagiarized content at all costs.
- Product sorting
- Same product present in different categories
- Disparities in products with little alterations
- Creating the ultimate sitemap: Sitemaps are meant to assist SERPs to steer their way through the site and identify where this webpage in the SERPs belong.
To generate sitemaps, one needs to install an extension or work on it manually. With the optimal extension, you will be able to customize your listing order, incorporate links to external domains, configure lively sitemap settings, etc.
- Backlinking and Internal links: Embedding links is a great tactic to build relationships and strengthen your SEO on Magento. The more quality links you have, there are more chances consumers will click on your website and look at what your brand has to offer.
Similarly, internal links also assist search engine bots to better understand your website. Magento has a lot to offer in this regard. It allows you to include relevant products, cross-sell products and upscale products for a specific product in your ecommerce store.
- Site speed: This is an extremely important factor in any Magento SEO strategy. If your site takes more than 3 seconds to load, then potential visitors would move on to the next option. This is the only duration you get to make that first impression.
Moreover, to make the case in favor, Google also penalizes slow sites and put them in the back pages.
- Metadata: It refers to the information about the webpage on the search engine listing. It plays an important role in your Magento SEO as this is what people would see on Google listing, and it determines the ranking of your content on SERPs.
To write effective Metadata, follow simple tactics here:
- Place keywords at the beginning of your title.
- Include recommended blog posts in your descriptions
- Place a data next to your description
- Research keywords: While indexing your website, Google scans your website and looks for relevant keywords to decide its rankings on search results.
After performing quality keyword research, one needs to understand where to place those keywords. These places are:
- Headers and title tags
Ensure you refrain from keyword stuffing. SEO experts term it as a “black-hat SEO” technique that can worsen your ranking chances.
In 2021 and beyond, Magento is the optimal e-commerce solution for any business. It includes the latest SEO ranking factors which can be properly optimized by the above-mentioned ways for your Magento e-commerce site.
If you wish to Learn Voice SEO Strategy & Digital Marketing and understand all its aspects in great details then click here