There are only a few marketers who have an idea of SEO and the number of marketers who successfully implement SEO tricks into their business is even lower. Most people consider SEO as a magic trick as opposed to a scientific process because unlike PPC or Email marketing, it relies on intelligent work to understand the needs of Google.
But there is a lot that marketers can gain from SEO. Be it a new innovative idea for campaigns relating to content marketing or website ranking higher in search engine results page (SERP), SEO will help you to do it all. Here are 6 SEO tricks that will help you become a successful marketer:
1) Understanding the Buyer’s Journey with Keyword Data
The buyer’s journey helps you understand the needs of buyers and how they are looking for them. The journey of these buyers can be distinguished into three different stages:
- Awareness: This is the first step in the buyer’s journey where they locate their problems and understand that there are means to find the possible solutions.
- Consideration: In this stage, the buyers start the evaluation of their problems to find the most probable solution.
- Decision: Here, the buyers settle on a specific solution and start finding ways to avail it.
Mapping this three-stage journey of the buyers is a very tough job to accomplish, but there is an easy way out. Your keyword data will provide you with the required knowledge about your customers, thereby helping you understand the thoughts of the buyers during the various stages of your journey.
You can map the journey of your buyers in a few easy steps using keyword data, which include:
- Organize a list of keywords
- Understand the question each keyword asks and according to it segregate it into three different stages of the buyer’s journey
2) Champion of Email Marketing
Business, marketing, or sales jobs require you to send regular emails, and SEO is required to send them. Email outreach is a very important role for SEOs and often the high skills of emailing make SEOs so successful. As SEOs need to send hundreds of emails a day, their emails are very much attractive and persuade people like nothing else.
The emails are so successful owing to factors like:
- Attractive headlines that attract the recipients to check their inbox immediately
- Personalized content; an important thing to make the recipients understand that it is not a copy of another email
- Provides value to the content first before asking for any favor in return
If you are trying an email marketing campaign, you can just learn the best SEO tricks to make it more attractive and persuasive.
3) Long-Tail Keywords
Long-tail keywords are generally the ones with more than three words that are highly specific to the products that you are selling. Although these keywords are not widely searched in the search engines, they do grab highly targeted traffic. The long-tail keywords are better at conversation and allow you to understand your customers completely.
Each word in this type of keyword is highly meaningful as they provide insight into the customers and helps you to formulate highly focused offers.
Google algorithm updates are very crucial for any SEO. Any link about Google traffic implies a complete overflow in the web traffic. Thus, it has become an important strategy for all SEOs as it is highly efficient in predicting future market trends. Every SEO marketer knows that good content is key to future trends; thus, they get highly benefitted by the updates in the Google algorithm. By following these leads from Google, SEOs can predict the direction in which social media will go in the years to come.
5) Speed, Reliability, and Engagement
There is a general notion about SEO that everything that is good for it is also good for content marketing. By creating long, attractive, and readable content coupled with intuitive SEO strategies, you will be able to pull more traffic to your website, thereby boosting your content marketing.
6) Create Better Content with the help of SEO
The SEOs create content that maximizes the impact on search engines. It means they create a content-rich in keywords, SEO-optimised links, and stress on reliability as well as the engagement of content. You can also do the same to create better content for your website.
The truth of the matter remains that what you can learn from SEO tricks can be applied to the field of content marketing, which will ultimately help you to achieve a successful content marketing campaign.
To learn how SEO can help your content marketing and understanding SEO join our digital marketing course.