SEO Updates October 2021
While Google keeps on updating its search algorithms consistently, many such updates are never revealed. Why? Because the main aim of Google is to enrich the user experience, and not to give hints to marketers to create SEO shortcuts.
However, you need to keep observing each SEO update. With the latest release of important SEO updates, we are here to help you get all the important changes with a simple read.
This blog post is an initiative that can save you hours of reading newsletters and blog posts. Read down below to get an idea of various SEO updates.
Top SEO updates October 2021
Check out the best and recent SEO updates October 2021.
New requirements for Math Solver Type Schema Data
: Google released the math solver type schema data for educational websites. Now Google has incorporated 3 more requirements in this section.
- Ensure your hosting server would not slow down, due to the continuous crawling of Google web crawlers.
- If you utilize the same math solver in several URLs, then you must use canonical tags.
- The user is not required to log in to the website if he/she wishes to view the entire content of the math solver after clicking the search query.
The page experience report is used by the search engines to rank websites based on the users’ experience while navigating a web page. If your site showcases a safe browsing warning, then there is a high possibility that Google would de-rank it.
Now Google has removed this parameter. The reason behind this is that a page displays a safe warning option when your site either contains malicious content and or is hacked. However, both these factors are not in control of the website owner, and the website ranks should not suffer due to anonymous hackers.
A new version of Google Ads Editor 1.7
: A few important changes have been made to their offline tool, Google Ads Editor. This is a tool provided by Google to create and manage your Google ads campaign. Some critical changes are:
- One can make ads for your hotel business on this tool
- One can download a particular part of your ad campaign and not download the whole promo again
- One can develop YouTube audio ads as well as with your Google Ads Editor Tool
- The tool can support lead form extension as well
Google introduce privacy and safety measures for an audience of 18 years and less
Check out the measures that Google has introduced
- If a YouTube user between the age of 13 and 17 uploads some content, then it will automatically be published on private mode. This suggests that people only who have the link will be able to view the video. The auto play option would also be switched off automatically for the younger audience.
- The safe search option on Google search results shall be switched on by default for users under the age of 18.
- The location history option for individuals under the age of 18 would be turned off by default.
- Marketers cannot target young users based on their age, gender and interests.
LCP (Largest Contentful Paint)
It is built to measure the time taken for main-page content to load so that the webpage is ready to use. This metric for user experience was made a ranking factor.
The LCP measurement estimates the content bloc or the largest image from the user’s view. It could measure background images, primary images, block-level text elements such as <main> and <section> elements or div, and heading elements.
While SVG and video elements are not the portions of LCP calculations at this time, the image elements inside an SVG element are related to the video elements. Images are commonly calculated in accordance with the visible size instead of a larger intrinsic size.
First Contentful Paint (FCP)
FCP is a crucial user-experience metric that underwrites a perceived load speed. It measures the time needed to show any document object model (DOM) content from the page.
A swift FCP allows users to know that they have reached an active page, even though they are not able to leverage several benefits of the contents.
Content measured for the FCP rating incorporates:
- Non –white <canvas> elements
- Scalable vector graphics (SVG)
Even a company logo or loading animation can trigger FCP. An FCP measurement varies slightly from a first paint metric, which measures the time taken by a browser to display any change on the screen, such as diverse background colour.
First Input Display (FID)
It measures the user’s ability to interact with a website. Basically, the FID is the time between an individual taking an action like clicking on a link and the time when the browser is able to process the communication. This delay is measured in milliseconds.
During the initial moments after a page opens, important resources are still being loaded, which makes the first interaction more likely to be delayed.
Google reflects this measurement as significant because it affects an individual’s first impression of the effectiveness of a website. Also, Google hopes that boosting page producers to augment the first interaction will improve the quality of web interactions.
FID measurements don’t incorporate unceasing user actions like scrolling down a page.
YouTube announces new SEO features
With these amazing features, YouTube will now be able to translate titles, descriptions and captions if there is no related search result in the audience’s language.
In simple words, if you search for a video in German, and there is no related video in the same language, then YouTube would translate the title and description of an English video into German, and then display the results.
Google introduces an indexing bug report feature
While this feature was first launched in the US, it can now be utilized in any part of the world. However, one can report the indexing bugs in the English language only.
So, here we are! These are your top SEO updates October 2021 which you use and tweak your SEO marketing strategies accordingly.
However, remember, there is no last word when it comes to SEO. Practices continue to evolve. Hence, keep paying attention to the latest SEO trends and lead your marketing campaign towards astounding success.