It won’t be overstated if we say that top social bookmarking sites play a crucial role in modern SEO. Bookmarking sites are those platforms through which we can bring out any website or blog and categorize them aptly and secure quality backlinks.
In this digital era, every internet user knowingly/unknowingly takes part in bookmarking. For example, we tend to send a website link or maybe a link of an article to our friends that we find interesting. Right? This is how you are participating in social bookmarking.
In simple words, social bookmarking is an act of tagging a website with revenant keywords for future references.
Social bookmarking is a common practice. All you need to do is to register with that particular bookmarking site. This one step can get you genuine backlinks, website traffic, awareness, promotion, and indexing benefits.
Presently, 1000+sites are available for social bookmarking. This is the place where you can store bookmarks, add tags of your choice, label bookmarks as ‘public’/private’. Basically, anybody can participate in social bookmarking.
There are some sites that will notify you instantly whether the bookmarking still works or the URL gets no longer valid. Sites do exist which notify the user on occasion. Therefore, you have to choose a site attentively.
Why do We Need Social Bookmarking Sites?
Social bookmarking starts once the off-page optimization begins. Here we have to submit web pages, blog posts under these social bookmarking sites for long-term benefits.
7 Benefits of using Social Bookmarking Sites
- With bookmarking, you can actually index websites and blogs in leading search engines much faster.
- Top-performing bookmarking sites will get you good backlinks as they own a strong PR base.
- Bookmarking sites get you organic traffic.
- Blog posts can go viral by submitting them to high PR sites.
- They help you with blog categorization.
- Domain authority gets boosted with social bookmarking.
- It will slash the bounce rate of the website.
What is the Process of Social Bookmarking?
Social bookmarking is what every SEO person in business does. How would you know that they are doing it right?
As said earlier, social bookmarking sites don’t act alike. Thus, before posting your links or content you have to understand their rules and regulation. High PR sites like Reddit, Bizsugar, Mix have stringent terms and conditions for approvals and spamming is strictly not allowed here.
To build your profile on these social media sites either you have to submit high authority blogs or comment on other website’s posts. Re-share will also help you score.
Want to gain the maximum from the social bookmarking site?
Create a unique title, use creative description, choose the category carefully, and add target keywords in the tags/keyword field.
By far you have perceived what is social bookmarking and its benefits. Now let’s have a look at the top 5 high PR social bookmarking sites –
1. Reddit.com: This is one of the top-rated social bookmarking sites. Posting blog on Reddit no sweet. Initially, you have to upvote and re-submit others’ posts to upgrade your Reddit Karmas.
Once you earn sufficient karmas, Reddit will allow you to post your content. Make sure you read all the rules before clicking the submit button.
2. Mix.com: Mix gets you the perfect platform to store, search, and share content. To create a new account you can use your existing Google/Facebook/Twitter account.
It’s a safe and sound information sharing platform. Thus, don’t spam and refrain from leaving your business URL/ address in your comments.
3. Bizsugar.com: This one is the toughest nut to crack. You need to follow certain rules before you post-
- Post High authority website’s content in a related category.
- Upvote and comment on already published posts.
- Hold yourself back from posting unless your profile gets strong.
- Write a relevant description, give a creative title, and select an appropriate category.
4. Scoop.it: Want to promote content? Your search ends here. This is perhaps the best platform for content curation and content marketing.
Whether bookmarking a blog post or creating a fresh article with backlinks to your blog- this one platform acts according to your requisite. This site works wonder for gaining backlinks due to its high DA and Alexa ranking. Here are the top 5 utilities of Scoop.it-
- You can operate various topics from a single account.
- Community building gets easier.
- Like, share, post on published contents.
- Get good backlinks.
- Add images in your Scoop article.
5. Pinterest.com: Pinterest is one prime source of inspiration for the graphics industry. It’s a popular bookmarking site too and the fun part is anyone can use Pinterest.
Despite the fact that most of the contents are in the graphical format, you need to choose a relevant category and create a board with keyword-rich title and description and then pin (post) it. Here you can invite people to pin on your board. Similarly, to join others’ boards and to post there you have to have their necessary permission as well.
100 Social Bookmarking Sites in 2020
If you are still thinking which are the high PR social bookmarking sites for posting your web links and blogs here they are
|Sr. No.||Bookmarking websites||PR|