SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is one of the keystones when it comes to seeking and retaining a new audience. However, with its many benefits, performing quality SEO is something that requires both time and expertise.
This makes it difficult for many businesses to sustain their other operations.
In that case, many businesses can even hire an SEO expert to work full time.
Or, businesses can leverage technology and help themselves to maximise their productivity.
In this blog, we’ll dive into the world of SEO automation, understand its various aspects, and figure out how it works.
What is SEO Automation?
In simple terms, SEO automation refers to the process of automating repetitive tasks. It utilises software to optimise a website’s performance programmatically.
SEO automation is a continually developing arena. While a significant amount of tasks can be automated, the overall workflow of SEO still lags behind in this regard.
Why does SEO automation matter?
With technological advancement, the optimization of various marketing techniques has become more effective. Various SEO tasks can be assigned with different automation tools. Doing so can help you manage your budget and resources efficiently.
Your business may also reap some other benefits, some of which are mentioned below.
- Capture relevant data: One can reveal some relevant data with the help of SEO automation. The keyword monitoring process becomes much easier. One can trace factors such as search volume, relevant keywords easily.
SEO automation can also provide you with critical insights into your domain authority, helping you raise your website’s grades.
- Lowers team burnout: Team burnout poses a serious peril to productivity. This is primarily caused by performing repetitive tasks in a fast-paced workspace.
Unluckily, most SEO tasks are often detail-oriented and tedious. Therefore, investing in SEO automation offers a basis for innovative thinking.
Hence, instead of tasking your workers with repetitive work, free them up and let them work on creative solutions.
- Empowers team to scale up: As SEO is a labour-intensive field, it’s quite dangerous to scale. For instance, in the case of local SEO, maintaining dozens of listings becomes difficult to keep up for most marketing teams.
Whereas SEO automation allows you to use the dashboard to update all the important directories with just a few clicks. Also, with everything being centralized, you’ll probably make fewer mistakes.
What elements of SEO can be automated?
SEO automation doesn’t eliminate hands-on activity. It just streamlines your SEO process. Therefore, one needs to be planned about which tasks he/she automates.
Some of the SEO tasks that can be automated are:
- Site monitoring: Websites that constitute messy pages, broken pages, and unsafe security protocols do not get featured on the search results page.
With site monitoring, you can pay attention to all your webpages and perform manual tests every time.
If the tool identifies an error, it will notify you so that you can repair it.
- Backlink analysis: The number of links directing towards your website is a key factor in letting search engines rank your website based on reliability and credibility. The more the links, the higher the rankings.
Backlink analysis let you identify who is linking to your website. If spammy websites are found to be pointing towards you, then you can even be penalised.
- Evaluating your industry traffic potential: Assessing traffic potential can be daunting. With SEO automation, one can reveal all the significant traffic data for any niche. It also provides traffic per source, most relevant websites per channel and other trends.
- Tracking ranks: The main goal of SEO is to rank higher. But when you try to rank for multiple keywords, it becomes difficult to keep going.
Rank tracking tools enable you to check how a page ranks, and how it gets raised or declines over time. Moreover, these tools help you identify which techniques are working and which are not.
Stages of SEO automation
To truly reap the benefits of SEO automation, it’s important to understand the stages in which SEO automation works. To help you out, we have mentioned them down below.
- Collecting data: Data aggregation and collection is a crucial step in your SEO journey. There are several ways to download and collect data to draw insights.
It constitutes aspects such as- site crawl data, reporting and dashboards, backlinks, and rank tracking.
Data collection and aggregation is a commodity. Various SEO tools offer this service at affordable costs.
- Automated insights: SEO experts can let the technology surface website-specific and actionable insights for them. This can be done with alerts based on AI. It provides you with a notification if the AI discovers an important rank change or if a page element is modified.
Once alerted, SEO professionals can become attentive towards advanced insights that are delivered from AI.
- Scaling execution: The last step that involves SEO automation is implementation, execution and testing. The biggest challenge in this regard is the speed of execution and implementation at scale.
Whether it’s waiting for simple months to be implemented or working on an estimate to get a task prioritized, it slows down everything that should be implemented while search engine speeds ahead.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best SEO Automation Tool?
These are a few SEO automation tools that you can utilise to boost efficiency. Remember, keeping objectives in mind can help you make out the most of these tools.
- SEMrush: SEMrush is a manifold marketing agency, but it provides some excellent software that can help you get more from SEO. Here are a few such programs.
- Backlink analysis: You can check your site and those of your competitors. Backlinks play a significant role in establishing authority, which is important for search engines.
- SERP tracking: SEMrush can help you notice how your pages rank against all your keywords daily. Here, you can identify all the changes and connect them to specific strategies.
- Keyword research: SEMrush breaks down your keyword research into local and national levels.
- Google search console: Google being the number one search engine, tools offered by it are quite useful. Google search console will show how your webpages rank for different keywords and demonstrate which keywords bring the most traffic.
- SentiOne: This tool listens to chatter on social websites and alerts you when someone mentions your brand. This can let you determine whether to reach out to those people with related content.
For SEO, you can share posts or pages links so that users can be directed towards your website.
- Little warden: It is a tool that can help you automate checks you should be making regularly. It can help prevent errors which can have negative effects such as:
- SSL Certificate cancellation
- Domain name expiration
- Robots.txt. changes
Any SEO expert needs to spend time and resources cautiously, on tasks that can be only done manually and offer great outcomes.
This indicates automating those SEO tasks that are repetitive and time-consuming.
So that’s it. This was the ultimate guide for SEO automation. We hope this guide can give you a good head start.
To know more about SEO and under stand all the aspects of Digital Marketing Click Here