Nothing beats email marketing when it comes to boost your brand growth, sell your products/services or engage potential customers. Emails are the most accessible form of conversation in business.
Utilizing emails can be helpful to promote your products/services in a fast, flexible, and affordable method to reach out to new customers and retain old ones.
This is where the concept of email marketing can play a great role in achieving so.
What is Email marketing?
As the name suggests, email marketing refers to using emails to promote a brand’s products/services. It is both a form of direct marketing and digital marketing.
If implemented correctly, email marketing can lead to brand awareness, lead generation, relationship building, prospect engagement, etc.
With such great benefits, email marketing should be a key player in your digital marketing strategy. Not using it is just like leaving cash on the road.
What is Email marketing automation?
Email marketing automation refers to when emails are sent automatically. In this, emails are stimulated to be sent by specific “triggers”. These “triggers” can be an action taken by a subscriber or can be a certain date or time for which the email is scheduled.
This ensures you can send the right email to the right prospect at the right time.
An example can be automating a welcome email to anyone who registers for your website. You can set up a trigger that sends an email whenever an individual subscribe.
How Automation in Email marketing can help You Get Better Results
Email automation is all about reaching the right prospects with the right message at the right time. Below are a few reasons as to how email automation can be beneficial to your business.
- Higher return on investment: Your users are receiving your messages when they are on top of mind. This, in turn, can gratify the users’ longing for feedback. This has prompted various business enterprises to leverage automation for their email marketing and enhance their returns.
Savvy marketers often use automated emails to influence their subscribers to take the next step. This automated email marketing has proved to be immensely beneficial and generated higher revenue.
- Send better-personalized emails: With automated emails, you can personalize your emails in a way that is both pertinent and well-timed. Personalizing emails and tailoring them in sync with your users’ interests can have a vast impact, such as high open rates and transaction rates.
- Proficiency in your workflow: Email automation ensures your reach remains broadened by keeping your workflow consistent. This allows you to save time and focus on other aspects of your email campaigns and keep your users satisfied.
- Better user experience: Create automated emails that can boost user experience, like boarding series, reminders and incentives. Discover what works for your product and program your email to respond accordingly.
- Retain customers who are losing interest: Email automation allows you to develop one size fits all messages and send them to those who are losing interest in your brand. No need to waste time! Get right down to evaluating your users’ feedback, answer their queries and retain their traffic.
5 Tips on How to Get Started with Automation in Email Marketing
One must keep certain aspects in mind before you set up your email marketing workflow and start sending automated emails to your prospects.
Have a look at 5 proven tips on email automation for boosting the efficiency of your campaigns.
- Segment your audience: Instead of working in a haste, take out time to segment your audience based on their demographics, buyer persona, niche, etc. to send target emails to a similar audience.
Use analytics to segment your audience following their history or past purchases and then craft-related emails.
- Focus on personalization: Many automated emails tend to develop a robotic tone. Hence, one must personalize automated emails up to a huge margin by mentioning aspects like recipients’ names, addresses, or any product they have purchased recently.
- Conduct A/B testing: By including variations in title, text, images, etc. you can text numerous versions of an email to decide which option will result in a maximum number of clicks.
Automated emails will work for your business, provided you will have to find the optimal messaging and direct leads down the funnel.
- Evaluate and optimize: After your email campaign goes live, set practical expectations and success metrics. Your automation tool must have an analytics dashboard to monitor your performance. You can consider limiting the number of emails to get the most optimal content possible.
Or you can even augment the number of emails to nominate potential users until they are prepared to convert.
- Carve down your list: It’s not a large number of subscriptions that matters. Instead, it is the number of active subscribers. Hence, you need to keep trying to enrich your email list.
You can do this by sending a break-up email to those individuals on your list who hasn’t open your email on time. If they don’t reply, then you can securely remove them from your list.
What are the Best Email Marketing Automation Tools in the Market?
Let’s dive into a few effective email marketing automation tools that you can utilize for your email marketing efforts.
- Active campaign: This tool helps you create drip emails that can enhance your subscription rate, demographics, history, interaction, and so on. This tool offers excellent services in terms of affordability, customer support, integrations, etc.
- HubSpot: The most beneficial aspect of this tool is analytics. You can trail your email campaigns based on conversions. While the initial pricing is quite affordable, you would have to pay extra to leverage other features.
- Drip: It has a humble and very user-friendly interface. Here, you can use email gathering technology, pre-made templates, drag and drop features, etc.
- Send loop: It is easy to use and doesn’t need IT. Hence, you can customize your emails with a drag and drop option. It provides an amazing collection of more than 80 free email templates with exceptional features.
- Convert kit: It was created for bloggers. But today, it is even utilized for e-commerce stores and other various business websites also. Here, you can develop automation depending on certain “triggers”.
With email automation, the effective messaging process becomes a piece of cake. It creates proficiency in your email program, promotes a constructive and enhanced user experience, and it can help you to protect hesitant users.
Just embrace email automation tools and you can modify them as per your requirements later on.
If you wish to Learn Voice SEO Strategy & Digital Marketing and understand all its aspects in great details then click here