The level playing field has greatly improved with the increase in internet usage. Various digital technologies are allowing small-scale start-ups to transform into big enterprises. And with the same technologies, the online audience is able to tap into the vast information in the online world, with a few clicks on your smartphone.
One of the fine examples which take immense benefits from such digitization is digital marketing. As the name suggests, it refers to advertising brands and their products/services via digital devices and the internet.
As the internet is sustaining your daily lifestyle, digital marketers need to consistently modernize their tactics and not let them become mediocre in comparison to that of their competitors.
The use of VPN in digital marketing can be of huge significance in doing so.
What is VPN?
A VPN or Virtual Private Network is an application that gives you access to privacy enabled internet. This happens by masking your individuality by replacing your IP address with one from the server of your choice.
The majority of traffic comes from search engines as they are a hub of a massive online user base that is hungry to find solutions to their queries. However, a lot of digital marketers still do not rely on the VPN as an effective marketing tool.
In this blog, we’ll try to understand the role the VPN has to play in the domain of digital marketing.
Use of VPN in digital marketing
VPN is just not meant to hide your IP address. Instead, utilizing VPN can immensely enhance the manner in which digital marketers can monitor their search, while maintaining data security.
With VPN, digital marketers can have a fair understanding of the online business rivals and secure their private information. This allows them to get an edge over those competitors who do not use VPN.
Furthermore, various digital businesses suffer from cyber-attacks. To have an edge over rivals, you would want your digital data to be secure. VPN can help to accomplish it.
Benefits of VPN in Digital marketing
Including VPN in your digital marketing arsenal can be incredibly beneficial.
Check out a few such benefits mentioned below.
- Improves link building: Link building is essential if you want to improve your ranking on SERPs and build more inbound links to your website. However, you may face certain restrictions while doing so. Some websites might prevent you from making several connections from the same location. By using a VPN, you can prevent this from happening.
As VPN let you hide your real IP address, you can easily get various regulated websites to build links with your site.
- Augments security: There’s plenty of information available on a marketer’s desk. Attackers would surely like to get their hand on this sensitive data and leverage it unethically.
As most internet or Wi-Fi connections are unsecured, hackers can easily access your network system quickly. In this world of regular cyber-attacks, VPN cannot be just another option. It must be a part of your overall marketing strategy.
- Increase competitive analysis: Change your VPN and you can easily steer through your competitor’s website, ads, blogs, keywords, etc. without giving them an iota of evidence of the source of web traffic.
This regular monitoring of your competition can help you know about unhappy consumers or let you explore SEO backlink opportunities. It can also help you build a successful marketing campaign after thorough competitor research.
- Enhances local SEO: VPN services come in handy to understand your audience better if it is in a different location. By using VPN, you can make Google believe you are based in the same location where your audience lives. This, in turn, will allow you to make searches as if a local person would be performing them.
It can further help you to tweak your marketing campaigns as per your audience requirements. You can even keep an eye on your local competitors.
- Improve social media marketing: The number of social media users is in billions. This means it doesn’t matter what your business type is, social media is a blessing if you wish to target your potential audience effectively.
As social media platforms hold information about your brand, cyber-attacks can easily leak it for your competitors to have easy access. VPN comes with advanced encryption, which makes stealing your valuable info becomes quite difficult.
- Boost organic ranking: Using SEO as a marketing strategy always incorporates developing search engine rankings. VPN can help a great deal in this case.
If you have a fair idea of the suitable rankings of the target location, then you can craft effective marketing strategies. Digital marketers must know the most active keywords in the region. The usage of VPN can help a business to trick its location and avail organic SERPs for that area.
- Effective YouTube marketing: There is no doubt that YouTube is the most popular video platform out there. Hence, advertising on YouTube is surely a great way to target the most potential audience. However, with such immense traffic, competition is also bound to be tough here.
To understand what works for your competitors’ YouTube ads, you need to be present in the location. Here you can use VPN and convert your location to the one where your most potential audience is. From there, learn your audience interests, intent, and use them to solve their problem with a video presentation.
- Avoid data throttling and bandwidth: One prime reason for your internet slowdown at a certain time can be bandwidth throttling.
Sometimes, this may be done intentionally by companies between your site and your web-based location. ISPs companies are one such example of this. These companies may restrict your internet speed at specific times of the day to lower the cramming of their network.
To avoid this, use VPN. In doing so, your traffic will pass through a less-congested private network, which helps you prevent issues like bandwidth throttling.
VPNs are useful in many aspects, apart from just regular downloading or surfing the restricted websites.
Ensure you conduct thorough research before you finalize a VPN service. You must carefully evaluate free VPN services as they may have their cons. It is advisable to go for a renowned and viable option.
Pick the one that fulfils all of your requirements and is cost-friendly.
If you wish to Learn Voice SEO Strategy & Digital Marketing and understand all its aspects in great details then click here