With the rise in technology, voice search is on the rise too. Many SEO experts are increasingly optimizing their Voice SEO strategy for their websites to show up in SERPs for queries performed through voice search.
Voice search is gaining relevance as it is user friendly, conversational and swift in comparison to traditional search methods.
Most common voice searches are used for navigation. As voice searches have risen steeply in the past few years, adding voice search with your SEO strategy has become quite significant.
Introducing Voice SEO: The Next Evolution in SEO
Voice search refers to a technology that enables the online audience to conduct searches by conversing on digital devices. These devices could be your smartphones, Google devices, Microsoft Cortana, Apple Siri, Amazon Siri, etc.
With voice search, one can enjoy several benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
- Better rankings: Voice search optimized websites get the competitive advantage in terms of rankings. Optimizing your websites for voice SEO helps to gain quality visitors.
- Greater authority: With voice search, one can enhance the number of visitors and build a website’s authority among them.
- Higher revenue: With higher authority, rankings, and more visitors, one can experience a sharp increase in conversions. Higher conversion will mean higher revenue.
Though, if you wish to leverage the above-mentioned benefits, you need to work towards enhancing your Voice SEO strategy.
How to do Voice Search Optimization as a New Marketing Strategy for Your Website
Here are 5 things you must do when it comes to optimizing your website for voice search.
- Mobile optimization: As there are not definite design standards for voice search, mobile optimization is the way forward. Your entire content must be mobile-friendly as the same metadata is mostly utilized for voice search.
Moreover, ensure XML sitemaps and brick and mortar locations are understandable to your readers and Google.
- Go local: As “near me” voice searches are high in number; your content must be better optimised for local queries.
To optimise for local search, create location-specific web pages, incorporate your region in your content, use graphics relevant to your area with alt-text tags, add a transcript to enhance your website’s accessibility, etc.
- Refine your Google My Business profile: Most voice searches do not result in text results. Instead, they showcase business listings. And as mentioned previously, voice searches are utilised for local searches.
Hence, small scale enterprises can register on Google My Business and benefit by establishing their presence on Google Maps and search.
Local brands need to have a polished presence on Google My Business with accurate name, contact details, opening and closing time, etc. can assist in gaining more visitors and enhancing rankings.
- Optimize for snippets in future: Google snippets refer to boxes that appear under the search bar. They reflect hard-hitting information from a related website in a numbered list. These answers sometimes incorporate a link to the source of a website.
Businesses must cater to such snippet boxes by optimizing for particular queries. Provide accurate answers to the questions posed by your target audience on your niche to get featured in snippets.
- Focus on user experience: Voice search concentrates on a single site for questioning, and not on regular SERPs. You must assure that voice search is able to access the information you require promptly. Also, your site must be mobile-friendly, HTTP protected and load quickly.
5 Effective Techniques to Optimize Your Content for Voice Search
In the age of voice search, where the competition is quite tough, SEO experts need to ensure their content is optimized for voice search.
Check out some proven strategies to better understand how to do voice Search Optimization for your content.
- Identify the user intent: Instead of stuffing your content with keywords pointlessly, understanding the user’s intent, with which one search for a specific query is more important.
Hence, try to line up search intent keywords with your content. Determine which queries can be answered by your voice search, what information it provides to the users, the types of recommendations it offers, etc.
Find out the answers to these queries, define various search intents, identify what all can influence users to visit your website, etc.
This, in turn, can make it easy for search engines to identify the pieces of information for relevant voice searches performed.
- Incorporate conversational language for your content: Making use of more technical or robotic language can hamper your site’s prospects of appearing in voice search results.
While using natural language in whatever you write and publish on the website is extremely beneficial.
The possibility of matching your answers to the voice queries also improves.
Try to understand the user’s intent as it helps to understand how people conduct verbal queries. Also, evaluate the query style that your audience implements in their voice search.
- Add long-tail keywords: People use longer phrases when they perform a voice query. As they are conversational in nature, these keywords are likely to connect with a related and loyal audience and lead to quality conversion.
In addition, a firm and precise long-tail keyword offers less competition and tends to be a better bid. It provides concise results, exactly what your target audience is searching for.
Therefore, keep this info in mind and pay attention to searches made by users repeatedly and optimise for the most popular query.
- Structure your FAQs: FAQs impacts your voice search SEO positively, as they provide crisp and straightforward answers to users’ queries. Answers on FAQ also get featured on snippets.
Remember not to stick to the conventional, singular FAQ page. Moreover, build FAQs in a conversational tone, and not a robotic one.
Ensure, you keep the important questions your audience is asking about your brand and create an informational page around those queries.
- Utilized structured data: Using relevant and structured data is the course of action if you want search engines to rank and categories your content better. Moreover, structured data can help you highlight the main information on your website for voice search.
Structured language cannot be read by your audience. Instead, it refers to the micro-data included in your code that search engines can read to have a clear idea of what your content is about.
Incorporating schema mark-up language can optimize your website and content for voice search.
The use of voice search is not going to die anytime. Instead, it will become more influential with advancement in voice search assistants.
The strategies mentioned above can help your business embrace the voice search and offer you an edge over your competition.
Implement them now!
If you wish to Learn Voice SEO Strategy & Digital Marketing and understand all its aspects in great details then click here