Since the SEO marketing strategies used for landing page ads are getting more creative day by day, YouTube is greatly preferred by digital marketing experts to enhance the rankings of Search Engine Optimization. Fetching higher rankings of a site through YouTube videos is indeed a wonderful strategy, as the influence level of audio-visuals is much stronger and impactful than just visuals.
YouTube receives approximately 800 million viewers every month which makes it the second-largest search engine after Google. Almost all companies and marketers have already adopted YouTube as one of the most effective online marketing tools and undoubtedly YouTube has proved it’s worth leaving both businesses and consumers spellbound. Now let’s discuss the incredible magic of YouTube in promoting a site through higher search engine rankings.
When it comes to optimization through YouTube, you cannot solely depend on keywords. Several areas are taken into consideration by YouTube, but there is no specific hierarchy as such. Below mentioned are some of the areas which could be focused on during video optimization.
- Annotation Linking
- Likes & Dislikes
- Views & Frequency
Since YouTube videos do not depend upon any specific field, you can freely play with the titles to make them unique and catchy as long as you are following the rules and using the keywords. I have mentioned a few categories where you should put your focus in order to get started.
1) File Name: Before uploading or optimizing a video, make sure that the file name and the video title match and that each of the words are hyphenated.
2) Video Title: Besides having approximately 50 characters, the title should also contain appropriate keywords that link to the content.
3) Keywords: Make sure to use your target keywords in the title and description of the video.
4) Tags & Categories: While uploading a video on YouTube, you will get an option of selecting a specific category that relates to your video. In this process, tagging can be of great help as it helps your video get identified from the vast list of categories.
5) Annotations: A smart feature indeed, video annotations allow you to include interactive commentary to your video. For instance, you can easily add a note, a speech bubble, a title, a spotlight, or just get the video paused at the right moment.
6) Video Description: While writing the description make sure not to cross the limit of 160 characters and include the relevant keywords in the text so that it appears in the search results.
7) Creating your own channel: Since a channel page represents your business publically on YouTube, you should customize it as per your personal tastes.
8) Creating your own playlist: Customization of YouTube channels is possible where the channel administrators can add a featured playlist i.e. a group of YouTube videos. If the user likes and subscribes to the channel, he or she will receive notifications of the latest videos in the subscription bar on the main page of YouTube.
9) Social Profiles: YouTube allows sharing your videos on a larger scale through other social networking sites such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
10) Placing snippets of your business videos: On placing snippets of your business videos on the main website page will not only enhance the views of your video but also increase the curiosity of your viewers to discover more.